SOLSC~2011~29/31

sols_2011challengeI think the National Writing Project is really cool and has really helped me as a writer!  I was able to use different types of writing!  Before writing was never really my favorite thing but after doing slice of life for 29 days I really look forward to writing!  Whether it is on my blog, an essay, or just any other school paper I  think it is easier and fun!  I would never write out of school but now I find myself writing on my blog sometimes at 10 at night or 6 in the morning!  This program helps both the teachers and students.  My teacher has gone to conferences where she learns new writing materials and then teaches us!  She has introduced so many new things to me from this program!  We got to learn how to use blogs, glogs, slice of life, and so much more!  This March we did the slice of life challenge and I plan to continue the slice of life. I really hope they bring this program back!

2 thoughts on “SOLSC~2011~29/31

1. Pingback: SOLSC ~ 2011 ~ 29/31 | ELA 101

2. Hi Amanda,
    Thanks for writing in support of the National Writing Project. I am a 10th grade English teacher in Gwinn, Michigan, and the NWP is very important to me. I like how you said, “I would never write out of school but now I find myself writing on my blog sometimes at 10 at night or 6 in the morning!” My friend (a ninth grade teacher)and I started a blog in August, and I feel the same way. I make more time for myself to write now, because I love knowing that somebody else is going to read it. We sometimes feature student writing and videos on our blog, but I would love to find our more about how to get our students to keep their own blogs. We have a lot of technology blocks at school, so that is a problem I have to maneuver around. I hope to get there by next year. Keep writing! ~Mrs. Hollands